- 1 beef Bottom Round Roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 cups peeled diced beets (1-inch), about 1-1/2 pounds
- 5 cups diced sweet potatoes (1-inch), about 1-1/2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line large shallow baking pan with parchment paper. Combine garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef Bottom Round Roast. Place roast in pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not in fat.
2. Place beets and sweet potatoes in large bowl. Add oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Arrange vegetables around roast. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours for medium-rare.
3. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium-rare. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium-rare.) If vegetables are not tender, return to oven and roast until tender.
4. Carve roast into thin slices; season as desired. Serve with roasted vegetables.
SAFE HANDLING TIPS:
- Wash hands with soap and water before cooking and always after touching raw meat.
- Separate raw meat from other foods.
- Wash all cutting boards, utensils, and dishes after touching raw meat.
- Do not reuse marinades used on raw foods.
- Wash all produce prior to use.
- Cook beef until temperature reaches 145°F for medium rare steaks and roasts 160°F for ground beef.
- Refrigerate food promptly.