- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 egg whites or 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 flatbreads (such as naan, lavash, or pita bread)
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Combine Ground Beef, breadcrumbs, egg whites, parsley, water, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper in a large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 12, 2-inch meatballs.
2. Thread meatballs onto 4. 10-inch skewers. Place on rack in broiler pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in 400°F oven for 24 to 27 minutes.
Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
3. Remove meatballs from skewers. Serve in flatbreads. Garnish with Toppings, as desired.
SAFE HANDLING TIPS:
- Wash hands with soap and water before cooking and always after touching raw meat.
- Separate raw meat from other foods.
- Wash all cutting boards, utensils, and dishes after touching raw meat.
- Do not reuse marinades used on raw foods.
- Wash all produce prior to use.
- Cook beef until temperature reaches 145°F for medium rare steaks and roasts 160°F for ground beef.
- Refrigerate food promptly.