- 1 pound beef Bottom Round Steaks, cut 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) of no-salt-added black beans
- 8 small corn tortillas (5 to 6-inch diameter), warmed
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 medium ripe avocado, cut into 8 thin slices
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
1. Combine 1/2 cup salsa, chile powder and 1 teaspoon cumin. Place beef Steaks and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
2. Combine 1 cup beans, remaining 1/2 cup salsa and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin in medium microwave-safe bowl. Mash with fork into chunky paste. Cover and microwave on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until hot, stirring once. Keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot; remove from heat and coat with nonstick spray. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Cooking in batches, if necessary, place steaks in skillet (do not overcrowd) and cook 2 to 3 minutes for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning once. (Do not overcook.) Remove steaks from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with remaining steaks.
4. Spread bean mixture evenly on tortillas. Cut steaks into 4 pieces each and divide evenly among tortillas. Top beef with remaining 1/2 cup beans, tomatoes, lettuce, red onion, cilantro, avocado and lime wedge, as desired. Fold tortillas in half to serve.
Cook’s Tip: Steaks may be cut into bite-sized pieces in Step 4.
SAFE HANDLING TIPS:
- Wash hands with soap and water before cooking and always after touching raw meat.
- Separate raw meat from other foods.
- Wash all cutting boards, utensils, and dishes after touching raw meat.
- Do not reuse marinades used on raw foods.
- Wash all produce prior to use.
- Cook beef until temperature reaches 145°F for medium-rare steaks and roasts 160°F for ground beef.
- Refrigerate food promptly.