- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots (about 2 large)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
Garnish: 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Cook pasta in salted boiling water for 10 minutes or until almost tender. Add asparagus; continue cooking for 3-4 minutes or until pasta and asparagus are tender. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; pour off drippings.
Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
3. Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat until hot. Add shallots and garlic; cook 3-4 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add beef; toss to mix. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
4. Combine beef mixture with pasta and asparagus in large bowl; toss well. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
SAFE HANDLING TIPS:
- Wash hands with soap and water before cooking and always after touching raw meat.
- Separate raw meat from other foods.
- Wash all cutting boards, utensils, and dishes after touching raw meat.
- Do not reuse marinades used on raw foods.
- Wash all produce prior to use.
- Cook beef until temperature reaches 145°F for medium rare steaks and roasts 160°F for ground beef.
- Refrigerate food promptly.