- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 3 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef and garlic; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
2. Stir in tomatoes, salt, and pepper; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pasta and basil; toss. Sprinkle with cheese.
SAFE HANDLING TIPS:
- Wash hands with soap and water before cooking and always after touching raw meat.
- Separate raw meat from other foods.
- Wash all cutting boards, utensils, and dishes after touching raw meat.
- Do not reuse marinades used on raw foods.
- Wash all produce prior to use.
- Cook beef until temperature reaches 145°F for medium rare steaks and roasts 160°F for ground beef.
- Refrigerate food promptly.