- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning blend
- 4 seeded or whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices low-fat cheese, such as Cheddar or American
Toppings: Lettuce leaves, tomato slices (optional)
1. Place oats in food-safe plastic bag. Seal bag securely, squeezing out excess air. Roll over bag with rolling pin to crush oats to a fine consistency.
2. Combine Ground Beef, oats, and steak seasoning blend in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch patties.
3. Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, for 8-10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7-9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
4. Line bottom of each bun with lettuce and tomato, if desired; top with burger and cheese slice. Close sandiwches.
Alternative Cooking Method:
1. Recipe can be made in an 8-quart Air Fryer. Heat Air Fryer to 350°F. Place patties in basket and, cook for, 20-30 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning patties after 12 minutes.
SAFE HANDLING TIPS:
- Wash hands with soap and water before cooking and always after touching raw meat.
- Separate raw meat from other foods.
- Wash all cutting boards, utensils, and dishes after touching raw meat.
- Do not reuse marinades used on raw foods.
- Wash all produce prior to use.
- Cook beef until temperature reaches 145°F for medium rare steaks and roasts 160°F for ground beef.
- Refrigerate food promptly.