- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cup crumbled herb-flavored feta cheese
- 1/3 cup prepared regular or reduced fat non-creamy Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup Kalamata or ripe olives, chopped
- 4 pita breads, toasted
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef and bell pepper; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Pour off drippings.
Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
2. Add lettuce, cheese, dressing, and olives to beef mixture; toss to combine. Top pitas with equal amounts of beef mixture.
SAFE HANDLING TIPS:
- Wash hands with soap & water before cooking and always after touching raw meat.
- Separate raw meat from other foods.
- Wash all cutting boards, utensils, and dishes after touching raw meat.
- Do not reuse marinades used on raw foods.
- Wash all produce prior to use.
- Cook beef until temperature reaches 145°F for medium rare steaks and roasts 160°F for ground beef.
- Refrigerate food promptly.