- 12 ounces Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup prepared mild or medium taco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (2.1 ounces each) frozen mini phyllo shells (30 total)
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
Shredded lettuce, sliced grape or cherry tomatoes, guacamole, lowfat dairy sour cream, sliced ripe olives (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef, onion, and garlic in large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, breaking up beef into small crumbles and stirring occasionally. Add taco sauce, cumin, salt, and pepper; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
2. Place phyllo shells on rimmed baking sheet. Spoon beef mixture evenly into shells. Top evenly with cheese. Bake 9-10 minutes or until shells are crisp and cheese is melted.
3. Top tarts with lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream, and olives, as desired.
Cook’s Tip: Try out Tiny Greek Beef Tarts for another variation.
SAFE HANDLING TIPS:
- Wash hands with soap and water before cooking and always after touching raw meat.
- Separate raw meat from other foods.
- Wash all cutting boards, utensils, and dishes after touching raw meat.
- Do not reuse marinades used on raw foods.
- Wash all produce prior to use.
- Cook beef until temperature reaches 145°F for medium rare steaks and roasts 160°F for ground beef.
- Refrigerate food promptly.